Assistant Professor Communication Studies – fixed-term (contingent on funding)
St. Cloud State University, Minnesota
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Date of appointment: Fall Semester 2012
Description: Fixed-term position available in the Department of Communication Studies, College of Liberal Arts. Teach the 300-level, introductory intercultural communication course and the introductory hybrid communication studies/speech communication course.
Responsibilities: Teaching responsibilities include the introductory intercultural course and the introductory communication studies course. Other responsibilities could include public speaking, small group communication, interpersonal communication, or intercultural communication-related courses. Additional responsibilities such as committee work, will be assigned.
Qualifications and experience:
* M.A./M.S. in Communication Studies/Speech Communication
* College teaching experience in an undergraduate program
* Coursework or teaching experience in intercultural communication
* Coursework or teaching experience in the hybrid communication course or its
components (interpersonal, small group, public speaking)
* Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds
*Evidence of effective working relationships with peers and students
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm.
Review of applications begins immediately; position is open until filled.
A complete application will include the following:
* Application letter and vita
* Evidence of effective teaching. At minimum representative samples of teaching
evaluations and course syllabi.
* Contact information for three (3) current, professional references. May also include three to five recent letters of recommendation in addition to the reference contact information.
* Copies of official transcripts (undergraduate/graduate/PhD)
* Evidence of commitment to incorporating diversity issues and perspectives. At
minimum, include a narrative describing how the candidate has or will incorporate these
perspectives in teaching and professional activities.
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization with can be found at: http://www.ifo.org/contract09-11/2009-2011.pdf.
Search Committee Chair – Margaret Pryately
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities and veterans. St. Cloud State University is a member of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.