Head of Learning and Development Unit, Bureau of Human Resources Management, UNESCO, Paris, France. Deadline: 3 May 2019.
The Head of the Learning and Development Unit plays a key role in the delivery of UNESCO’s human resource strategic objectives and UNESCO’s related Learning and Development Action Plan. The plan will be implemented over five years and aims to develop a skilled and competent UNESCO workforce at all levels of the Organization. The Head of Unit will be a senior learning and development professional with a track record of success. Require excellent knowledge of English and good knowledge of French as well as another UNESCO official language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Spanish).
American Councils is an international nonprofit with a global workforce of over 400 professionals, with 30 offices and locations. Headquartered in downtown Washington, D.C., American Councils is at the epicenter of culture, politics, and knowledge. Their vision is to build a world of globally competent citizens, successful institutions, and responsible nations – a vision made possible through well appointed multicultural and multilingual staff.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES Include:
- Development Officer, Program and Business Development- Washington, D.C
- Director of Assessment, Assessment and Curriculum Development- Washington, D.C
- Director, Flagship Overseas Programs And NSEP Language Initiatives- Washington, D.C
- Managing Director, Program and Business Development- Washington, D.C
- Paid Intern, Critical Language Scholarship Program- Washington, D.C
- Program Manager, Chinese Overseas Flagship Program- Washington, D.C
- Summer Resident Director, (Arabic) Jordan
- Summer Resident Director, (Arabic) Morocco
- Summer Resident Director, (Arabic) Oman
- Summer Resident Director, (Azerbaijani) Azerbaijan
- Summer Resident Director, (Bangla) India
- Summer Resident Directors, (Chinese) China or Taiwan
- Summer Resident Director, (Hindi) India
- Summer Resident Director, (Indonesian) Indonesia
- Summer Resident Director, (Japanese) Japan
- Summer Resident Directors, (Korean) South Korea
- Summer Resident Directors, (Persian) Tajikistan
- Summer Resident Director, (Punjabi) India
- Summer Resident Directors, (Russian) Estonia or Moldova-NSLI-Y
- Summer Resident Director, (Russian) Georgia
- Summer Resident Director, (Russian) Kyrgyzstan
- Summer Resident and Assistant Resident Directors, Russia
- Summer Resident Director, (Swahili) Tanzania
- Summer Resident Directors, (Turkish) Turkey and/or Azerbaijan
- Summer Resident Director, (Urdu) India
UNU-GCM seeks a part-time Website Consultant to maintain and update its websites. The ideal candidate is highly efficient and works well in a fast-paced and professional team environment, dealing effectively with the organization’s technical demands. The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic consultant, who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes pride in his/her work. S/He must be fluent in English, with a good command of Spanish and Catalan. Web programming, graphic design, skilled communication and database administration are all elements of this position.
Download the full details here: Vacancy Announcement – Website Consultant (391.44 kB)
I have been asked about the current policy for posting job descriptions to the Center’s site. At this point, ads for faculty positions (tenure-track, not lecturer or adjunct positions) will be posted if the description includes expertise in an area related to the Center – that is, intercultural, dialogue, or international. Shorter term positions that are especially intended to attract international applicants (such as visiting positions, or post-docs) will also be posted, again if the focus overlaps with the concerns of the Center in some way. Occasional ads for other positions clearly connected to the Center’s concerns will be posted, as seems appropriate. If you have a question, contact me.
Wendy Leeds-Hurwitz, Director
Center for Intercultural Dialogue