The United Nations University Institute on Globalization, Culture and Mobility (UNU-GCM) can host an ICREA Chair. ICREA stands for La Institució Catalana de Recerca i Estudis Avançats. Expressions of interest should be made to UNU-GCM by Friday 2nd May 2014.
ICREA SENIOR CALL GUIDELINES 2014
ICREA opens 10 senior research positions.
Minimum requirements are a Ph.D. degree obtained preferably before 2010, with at least four years of international exposure at pre-doctoral and/or post-doctoral level. Only very strong candidates with an outstanding research record and excellent leadership capabilities will be considered. Successful applicants will have a permanent contract with ICREA and will work at universities or research centres in Catalonia. ICREA researchers are required to make substantial contributions to their own areas of research and have a strong impact in the Catalan research system by becoming active members and leaders of the Catalan research community. The ICREA position is not compatible with a part time permanent contract outside the Catalan research system. Scholars who have held a permanent position in the Catalan research system for longer than 12 months on the deadline of this call will not be accepted as candidates. Successful candidates will be required to join the host institution no later than September 2015. Salaries will be in line with those paid at Catalan universities. ICREA research professors will be subject to an evaluation of their research progress and general performance after a three-year period and subsequently every five years. The evaluations will be carried out by external evaluation committees that will assess scientific production as well as research activity. A positive evaluation will lead to a salary increase.
Applications must be submitted electronically via the ICREA Chair website before 2:00 pm (local time) on Tuesday, 6 May 2014.
The application requires all the following items:
1. on-line form for personal and professional data, a statement on research interests (2000 characters maximum), a list of the 5 most relevant publications, a statement of purpose (3000 characters maximum).
2. A single .pdf file (maximum 15 pages and up to 4 Mb in size) containing the candidate’s CV in English.
3. Two to four reference letters in English in .pdf or .doc format. The candidate should directly ask the scholars listed in the application form to upload a reference letter using the link provided by the applicant. The reference letters must be attached before 2:00 pm (local time) on Tuesday, 6 May 2014. Referees may also be contacted directly by ICREA.
4. An expression of interest document from the host institution(s)
The candidate must directly contact each institution (university or research centre in Catalonia) that he/she is interested in and obtain the institution’s acceptance. The host institution’s expression of interest form must be downloaded directly by the institution using the link provided by the applicant. At the link, the institution will find the information needed to submit the form (both electronically and by post). The form (in both formats) must be received by ICREA before 2:00pm (local time) on Tuesday, 6 May 2014.
The candidate may seek acceptance at more than one institution. In this case each institution must submit a separate expression of interest form to ICREA (both electronically and by post).
1. New applicants may register at www.icrea.cat. Old applicants simply log in using their username and password. Candidates are requested to safely store their username and password. They will be needed to access and edit applications.
2. Applications can be edited and saved as many times as necessary before submission. Submitted applications may also be edited but please note that once submitted information in the fields Name, Surname, Date of birth, and the information about referees cannot be modified.
3. After submission of an application, the system will display a list of Host institutions and Referees with their corresponding links. The same information will be sent by e-mail to the candidate to be distributed.
4. The system allows monitoring of file uploading by referees and host institutions. Incomplete applications will not be considered for evaluation.