Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
Closes: 13th August 2015
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow is home to Physicians, Surgeons, Dentists, Travel Medicine and Podiatric Medicine Practitioners located nationally and internationally. The College has a heritage of over 400 years and its purpose is the same today as it was at the beginning; to set and maintain standards of healthcare through its 12,000 Fellows and Members worldwide.
Reporting to the Head of Membership Services and working very closely with the International Director, the International Manager will be responsible for the successful development and implementation of the international strategy and plan as part of the wider College Plan where the aim is to “deliver core activities in defined international areas, increasing the College profile and growing the membership in order to set the highest possible standards of healthcare”.
S/he will be responsible for the recruitment and line management of staff within the planned International Offices (Sections). The first office will be opened in Delhi, India, on a trial basis and if successful others will be opened across India and in the United Arab Emirates. S/he will undertake regular international travel, will lead on the Medical Training Initiative and will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the international budget as directed by Head of Membership Services.
Shortlisted candidates should be prepared to give a 10-15 minute presentation (verbal or via Power Point) at interview, on the following:
• How would you approach the first 30 days in post?
• What steps would you take to organise and host a successful event for Fellows and Members in a location out with the UK?
The presentation will be followed by a competency based interview.
<Knowledge, Experience and Skills Set Required:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 3 years experience of international development including planning and organising international events
• Strong negotiating skills and the ability to influence decision makers at all levels
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Experience of managing a team in a fast paced environment
• Ability to produce innovative, evidence based solutions
• Energy and drive to develop and deliver new initiatives with external and internal partners
• Proven record of working in a multi-disciplinary organisation and the ability to coordinate different groups and activities
• Excellent inter-personal and team working skills
• Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
• Ability to facilitate own ideas and those of others
• A sound knowledge of IT systems and database-management
• Strong planning and organisational capabilities including high attention to detail
• Proven record in a customer-focused, membership or charitable organisation
If you believe you have the skills to be part of our team then apply by submitting your CV, a covering letter and Equal Opportunities Monitoring form.
Further information is available on the careers section of our website.
Applications to: Mrs E Mitchell, PA to COO, RCPSG, 232-242 St Vincent Street, Glasgow, G2 5RJ http://rcp.sg/careers
The closing date is Thursday 13th August 2015 at 12 noon.
A Charity Registered in Scotland: Charity Registration Number SC000847