Call for Papers: 13th International and Interdisciplinary Conference on Applied Linguistics and Professional Practice, Department of English Language and Linguistics, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland, 4-6 September 2023. Deadline: 28 February 2023.
The International and Interdisciplinary Conference on Applied Linguistics and Professional Practice (ALAPP) aims to bring together scholars from different disciplinary backgrounds, especially language and communication research and professional domains (e.g., business, organization studies, education, banking, health care, therapy, journalism, law, social care and welfare, immigration and border control, police work, translation and interpreting) to share ideas and discuss innovations and interventions.
ALAPP 2023 is open to proposals that broadly fall within the scope of Applied Linguistics and Professional Practice Studies. Organizers welcome submissions on a wider range of themes, including:
- Language, communication and the professions
- Institutions and professions
- Expertise and professional practice
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in professional contexts
- Multimodality in professional practice
- Professional practice, discourse and the new media
- Interpreting and translation in institutional/professional settings
- Language awareness and reflexivity in the professions
- Communication training for professionals
- Professional practice and communication in the age of globalization
- Research Methodologies
- Collaborative research across professional boundaries
- Challenges in communicating research findings