Call for Proposals
Grants from the Dale Leathers Fund to Promote Communication Studies in Emerging Democracies
National Communication Association
NCA seeks proposals for activities that promote scholarship and teaching of Communication Studies to benefit emerging democracies and their peoples. Such activities may include (but are not limited to) the following:
*International travel for residents of emerging democracies to attend conferences or advanced training in Communication Studies
*International travel for U.S. residents to disseminate Communication scholarship or to conduct training in Communication Studies in emerging democracies
*Procuring and disseminating scholarly and instructional materials in Communication Studies for use by institutions within emerging democracies
*Research about various topics in communication conducted by residents of emerging democracies who would otherwise lack adequate support for such research
*Research about communication phenomena in emerging democracies, which may be conducted by U.S. scholars or by others, and which promises to directly or indirectly promote effective communication practices
General Procedures for Proposals
Proposals should not exceed 10 pages and shall include the following information:
(1) a rationale for considering the target nation an emerging democracy;
(2) a clear statement of methods or listing of activities, depending on the nature of the proposal;
(3) a clear statement of expected outcomes and their relationship to the purpose of the grant;
(4) a clear statement of the intended use of monies provided by the grant;
(5) an abbreviated, 3 page CV of applicant or principal investigator.
Deadline to submit proposal is October 1, 2014.
Visit www.natcom.org/LeathersFund for application materials and additional information.