The Communication Studies program at Minnesota State University, Mankato is seeking an Assistant Professor with an emphasis in critical/cultural studies in applied contexts including, but not limited to, conflict and mediation, health communication, and leadership and social change, to teach in our undergraduate and graduate programs.
* The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop and teach undergraduate and graduate courses in his/her area of specialty.
* The successful candidate will be willing and able to develop a new general education course exploring diversity which includes a significant experiential component.
* The successful candidate is expected to participate in university and departmental activities and to maintain an active record of scholarship.
* Teach in our graduate program which includes courses taught in an online environment (undergraduate online courses are also a possibility).
* Ph.D., MFA, or other appropriate terminal degree in Communication Studies or related field.
* Two years of college teaching experience. (Experience as a graduate teaching assistant is acceptable.)
* Ability and interest to integrate technology into education.
* Ability and interest in service-learning/community-
* Knowledge of educational assessment.
* Ability and interest to teach courses in communication studies (e.g., public speaking, interpersonal, hybrid, intercultural).
* Interest in teaching online courses.
* Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a diverse population of students, faculty and staff.
* Evidence of an active and ongoing research agenda.Additional Information:
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu
.*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.ifo.org/contract09-11/2009-2011.pdf
.NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mankato/default.cfm.
A complete application will include the following:
* Cover Letter
* Resume/Curriculum Vitae
* Contact information for three (3) references
* Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
* Any additional documents as requested below
In addition to the above, applicants will provide two letters of reference. Letters can be uploaded with your electronic application or sent in hard form to the Search Chair at the address listed below. Reference letters must be received by the application deadline date.
Dr. Daniel Cronn-Mills, Search Committee
Department of Communication Studies
Minnesota State University, Mankato
230 Armstrong Hall
Mankato, MN 56001
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711