Call for Papers: From ‘intercultural-washing’ to meaningful intercultural education: Revisiting teaching practices in tertiary education. Deadline for abstracts: 30 June 2020.
Guest editors: Mélodine Sommier (Erasmus University Rotterdam, the Netherlands), Anssi Roiha (HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht, the Netherlands) and Malgorzata Lahti (University of Jyväskylä, Finland).
This special issue in the Journal of Praxis in Higher Education intends to provide a forum in which to address the difficulties and opportunities that arise in tertiary education when revisiting intercultural teaching practices. It therefore calls for papers that provide theoretical as well as practical insights into the implementation of critical approaches to intercultural communication.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
· Incorporating critical approaches to intercultural communication in teaching materials and/or ICT;
· Learners’ experiences of intercultural education and/or expectations of intercultural communication;
· Difficulties faced by teachers in developing new understandings of intercultural communication;
· Critical approaches to intercultural communication in specific subjects;
· Tertiary education policies and ‘intercultural-washing’ approaches; and
· Intercultural education in supervision and mentoring.
Please note that the editors also welcome book reviews on the topic of critical intercultural education at tertiary level.