Professor of Language Practices in Media Cultures, Faculty of Social and Cultural Sciences, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Frankfurt. Germany. Deadline: 12 February 2023
The Faculty of Social and Cultural Sciences at the European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder) invites applications for the position of a Professorship (W3) for Language Practices in Media Cultures. The post holder should represent the study of language practices with an orientation towards cultural sciences / cultural studies. The linguistic profile includes the analysis of structural and pragmatic aspects of language in contemporary media cultures. The focus is interdisciplinary in teaching and research.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
– Outstanding skills in the analysis of language and speech as cultural practice, demonstrated by publications
– Experience in qualitative as well as quantitative analysis of speech or discourse corpora
– Competence in and ability to analyse more than one contemporary language, preferably in at least one Romance language
– Participation in interdisciplinary research in the focus area ‘Media Cultures’ at the Faculty of Social and Cultural Sciences and at the European New School of Digital Studies
– Participation in academic teaching within the study programmes of the Faculty of Social and Cultural Sciences