Assistant Professor in Conflict Resolution and International Organization, Institute of Security and Global Affairs, University of Leiden, Netherlands. Deadline: 9 January 2023.
Leiden University’s Institute of Security and Global Affairs (ISGA) is inviting applications for a full-time Assistant Professor position in Conflict Resolution and International Organization. The successful candidate will have demonstrable research record in themes related to the vacancy and a strong teaching background in methods and research design as well as in topics related to the Institute’s Bachelor’s and Master’s programme offerings. The position is aimed at strengthening the Institute’s teaching, research and grant-acquisition capacities in a phase of growth and exciting interdisciplinary research opportunities.
The successful applicant will be part of an ambitious and dynamically growing Institute and is expected to:
- conduct independent research in the fields of conflict resolution and international organization, including topics related to international institutions and global governance;
- support the ongoing development and implementation of the ISGA’s research strategy by publishing in leading international outlets and by attracting research grants;
- teach in the advanced MSc programme International Relations and Diplomacy;
- teach in the MSc in Crisis and Security Management, or the minor in Global Affairs;
- be able to teach qualitative or quantitative methods courses;
- contribute to the development of new courses or programme offerings at the graduate or undergraduate level;
- participate in committees related to the Institute and its programmes;