Chief of Inclusion, Rights and Dialogue Section, Social and Human Sciences, UNESCO, Paris, France. Deadline: 25 July 2021.
The Inclusion, Rights and Dialogue Section supports Member States to promote inclusive policies and actions, by countering racism and discrimination, advancing intercultural dialogue and pursuing gender equality. Under the supervision of the Assistant Director-General for the Social and Human Sciences Sector (ADG/SHS), the incumbent will be responsible for the following flagship programmes and projects:
- UNESCO’s Roadmap on Anti-racism and non-discrimination, including its toolkit
- Intercultural dialogue and competencies, promoting a culture of peace
- Arts for human rights and social justice
- The promotion of gender equality and the fight against gender stereotypes
- The international coalition of inclusive and sustainable cities
- The Slave Route Project
- The right to science and scientific freedom
- Long Description
Under the overall authority and close supervision of the ADG/SHS and reporting to the Director for Policies and Programmes (DIR/PPD) on programme management issues, the incumbent will lead the design, coordination, execution and evaluation of the programme and projects for the Inclusion, Rights and Dialogue Section.