Assistant Professor (Relational, Interpersonal, or Intercultural Communication) at University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
The University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, Department of Communicology, invites applications for a full-time, 9-month, tenure track, assistant professor position to begin August 1, 2017, pending position clearance and availability of funds. (Position Number: 0082237)
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Teach required and elective courses according to departmental needs;
2. Serve on and direct graduate committees;
3. Produce quantitative research leading to referred publications;
4. Other duties as assigned by the Department Chair.
1. Ph.D. in Communication or clearly related discipline (ABD will be considered);
2. Research program demonstrating theory-based quantitative approach to the study of human communication;
3. Research program in the area of relational communication, interpersonal communication, or intercultural communication;
4. Demonstrated ability to produce publishable quantitative research;
5. University teaching experience in relational communication, interpersonal communication, or intercultural communication.
1. Demonstrated high scholarly potential;
2. Demonstrated high quality teaching potential;
3. Record of participation in service activities;
4. Advanced training in quantitative research methodology;
5. Ability to direct graduate teaching assistants and teach a multi-section, mass lecture course;
6. Strong communication and organizational skills.
Send letter of application, current vita, evidence of research and teaching effectiveness, academic transcripts (copies are acceptable but official transcripts required at the time of hire), and three letters of reference (referees should send their letters directly) to: Dr. Jessica Gasiorek, Search Committee Chair, at gasiorek[at]hawaii.edu via UH FileDrop Service with the expiration timer for the file upload set to 7 days (preferred). Electronic submissions only. Application materials become the property of the University of Hawaii at Manoa and will not be returned.
Review of applications will begin on October 27, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled. For full consideration please apply before this date.
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks. In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.