Assistant Professor of Communication Ethics and Practical Reasoning
California State University Monterey Bay
Teach innovative lower and upper division courses in communication ethics, dialogue and deliberation, philosophical analysis, applied ethics, cooperative argumentation, and related coursework. Sustain innovative scholarly research, publication, and professional service. Apply new scholarship and pedagogies to teaching. Serve on Department, Division, College, and University-wide committees. Provide support for one or more departmental programs, and contribute to reciprocal community partnerships.
Earned doctorate in philosophy, communication studies, rhetoric, religious studies, or allied discipline. Ability to provide leadership in practical and professional ethics. Ability to teach effectively in a wide range of courses including, but not limited to communication ethics, applied ethics, and deliberation. Ability to assist with innovative interdisciplinary program development. Ability to teach and mentor students from nontraditional, working class, and diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds. Experience working effectively in an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
Ability or potential in one or more of the following areas:
– Interdisciplinary teaching in leadership studies, religious studies, theology, or spirituality studies
– Application of new media technologies in teaching.
– Innovative teaching and assessment models
– Furthering relationships with the diverse communities of the Monterey Bay and tri-county region
– Proficiency in a second language
– Service learning pedagogy
SCREENING BEGINS: 11/1/2014
APPOINTMENT DATE: Fall 2015
APPLY: All prospective applicants must apply on-line.