Assistant Professor of Communication, State University of New York at Geneseo, NY, USA. Deadline: Priority given to applications received by 15 February 2023.
The Department of Communication seeks to expand the Intergroup Dialogue (IGD) Program, motivated by the belief that communication is integral to connection and change across diverse contexts. To that end, the Department welcomes applicants who are innovative and interdisciplinary to:
- partner with students to co-facilitate courses in intergroup dialogue.
- teach courses in area(s) of specialization.
- maintain an active research and publication program.
- oversee the IGD and Social Change micro-credential.
- coordinate individuals from across the campus who are interested in supporting the Intergroup Dialogue Program.
- oversee the student-coordinated DICE (Diversity and Inclusion Community Educator) program.
- lead the collaborative development of a communication-centered interdisciplinary program aimed at supporting human connection and positive change.
A successful candidate will have experience in two or more areas related to intergroup relations, such as: intergroup communication, peace studies, nonviolent communication, conflict management, dialogic communication, or intercultural communication. Applicants will also contribute to the shared and rotating introductory and capstone Communication courses.