Tenure Track Instructional Faculty – Communication Studies
(Intercultural/International) at California State University, Sacramento
California State University, Sacramento, seeks applications for a specialist in Intercultural Communication for a tenure-track appointment as an assistant professor to start in the Fall 2017 semester.
Education: Ph.D. in Communication Studies. ABD candidates will be considered. ABD candidates will be required to complete the doctorate by August 2017.
Required Knowledge & Abilities: Evidence of excellence in teaching at the university level. Teach introductory, advanced, and graduate level courses. Interest in and the ability to conduct scholarly research. A demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population.
Preference given to those with teaching and research background in quantitative methods.
Experience: Prior teaching experience at the college or university level and with students from diverse groups.
Teaching/research in developing areas of intercultural/international communication such as globalization, cross-cultural communication, health communication and/or co-cultural dimensions of diverse societies.
Duties include providing curricular leadership in international/intercultural communication and teaching introductory, advanced and graduate level courses. Faculty will be expected to advise
students; engage in scholarly activities; and provide service to the department, campus, and community.
Review of applications will begin October 1, 2016; however, position will remain open until filled. Applications must be submitted online. Applications must include the following:
– A letter indicating the applicant’s interest in the position and the way in which the applicant meets the qualifications
– Curriculum vitae
– Evidence of teaching excellence (e.g., syllabi, teaching evaluations)
– Evidence of creative activity and/or scholarly research
– Three to five recent professional references, including names and contact information
– Unofficial transcripts from institutions granting post-secondary degrees to applicant
* Candidates must include the application materials as a single PDF.
* Additional documentation and letters of recommendation may be required
at a later date.