Senior Anniversary Fellowship, Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, 2020-21. Deadline: 28 February 2020.
IASH was founded in 1969 with the pursuit of intellectual understanding as its highest priority. Interdisciplinarity and creativity have defined its history ever since. In this 50th anniversary year, IASH created new Fellowships for the most promising scholars in the arts, humanities and social sciences. A Senior Anniversary Fellowship is available to established scholars with more than 10 years’ experience in higher education.
For 2020-21, applications should center on the place of the humanities in the 21st century. As IASH is located in the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Science, a key role for the Anniversary Fellows is to take forward inquiry in a cross-disciplinary way, perhaps at the outermost disciplinary boundaries of the humanities, arts and social sciences.
The 2020-2021 IASH Senior Anniversary Fellowship provides:
- Research visit at the University of Edinburgh for three months
- Bursary of £10,500, plus travel grants
- Dedicated office space, University e-mail and library access
- An allocated University mentor from an area relevant to the Fellows’ research interests
- Weekly Fellows’ Lunch to build community
- Collegial work-in-progress seminar series for testing new ideas
- Calendar of engaging events at the Institute and College
- Opportunities to participate in and design funded workshops, colloquia, etc. at the Institute