The newly established Chair of Comparative and Applied Public Policy at the University of Tübingen invites applications for two positions:
1. PhD Position in the area of comparative social policy or social rights of EU migrant citizens. In addition to pursuing her PhD project, s/he will provide limited teaching and research assistance.
• Excellent undergraduate and graduate (master level) degree (preferably political science or social/public policy)
• Interest and knowledge in the politics of comparative social policy research or migration and welfare state research
• Excellent intercultural communication skills.Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills in English and German are desirable.
2. PostDoc Position in the area of comparative social policy or social rights of EU migrant citizens. The PostDoc will contribute to the research within the research areas of the Chair of Comparative and Applied Public Policy. S/he will also be given the opportunity to develop and pursue her independent research and contribute to teaching.
• PhD in a social science discipline (preferably political science or social/public policy).
• Demonstrable interest and knowledge about migration and social rights.• Detailed knowledge of EU social policy, especially as it relates to EU migrant citizens.
• Experience of conducting qualitative research, including document analysis.
• Experience of managing research from the beginning stages through to publication.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Excellent computer and internet skills, including the use of online databases for literature searches: Endnote or other bibliographic software.
• Excellent intercultural communication skills.
• Proven ability to liaise with a range of different stakeholders.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills in English.
Deadline for applications is 15 March 2017.