School of Humanitarian Studies
Royal Roads University
Victoria, BC, Canada
Closing date: Monday, July 11, 2016 – 17:00
As the Program Coordinator for the School of Humanitarian Studies, you will play a major role in implementing the School’s strategic plan. You will be expected to be well versed in the practical aspects of the School’s focus and be responsible for helping establish and maintain administrative processes, and assist with the development of School guidelines and procedures consistent with University objectives. You will need to be an independent self-starter who is able to help administer the School’s programs and interact with the various internal and external stakeholders at RRU. As well, as the Program Coordinator you may be a prime contact for requests for information from School staff, faculty (core and associate), students (prospective, current and alumni) and the University support areas on a daily basis for designated programs.
You will work with the School Manager to provide administrative leadership, ensuring that the planned programs and activities in the School are effectively managed to support the achievement of the University’s goals.
To be well suited for this role you will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
This position requires a highly-motivated and self-directed person who can assist in the organization of support staff work processes and workloads, in addition to scheduling independent activities. Active participation will be required in School meetings and other activities.
• An undergraduate degree or other relevant educational credential (college certificate or diploma) plus 5 years of related experience in the administration of academic programs (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
• Demonstrated financial coordination and contract administration skills and experience; accounting skills are an asset
• Ability to coach/mentor and provide day-to-day direction to program support staff, and provide support for their recruitment, selection, orientation and training
• Demonstrated project management and organizational skills
• Office management skills and experience, including developing, implementing and monitoring policy and procedures
• Strong verbal and written communication abilities, including editing skills
• Strong interpersonal development and leadership capabilities including networking and advocacy skills
• Demonstrated conflict resolution and team building skills; ability to maintain a professional attitude, acting with tact and diplomacy under pressure
• Knowledge and understanding of the University’s requirements, methods, culture and processes, or a willingness to learn them within a reasonable amount of time, as well as knowledge or experience in continuing education and adult learning principles
• Strong technical background in the use of software programs such as Microsoft Office suite of programs as well as other RRU systems (e.g., Agresso, our event planning software)
• Solid analytical, critical-thinking and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to work flexible hours on a pre-planned basis, including evening and weekend hours. Ability to travel to domestic and international locations as required by program
• Experience working with social media as a business tool as well as webpage design and management would be an asset
This is a regular full-time position working 37.5 hours per week. The position has been evaluated at Grade 3 and the recruitment range starts at $42,864.00 per annum. The University is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Application submission information:
To apply please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae (preferably in electronic format) to: email@example.com with a subject line of: 16-051-P0124 – Last name, First name
or mail to:
Human Resources – Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570
Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition began on June 16, 2015 and will close on July 11, 2016; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe PDF format.