Unity in Diversity – World Civil Society
15-16 March 2016
Planetary Citizens Assembly
* Building intercultural, inter-ethnic, inter-religious, inclusive and sustainable society
* Working in collaboration with the United Nations.
The launch of the India Assembly is a significant step, and you are invited!
Mar 15, 2016 OFFICIAL LAUNCH EVENT
5:00 pm (for a 5:30 pm start)
KC College Auditorium, Churchgate Mumbai 400020
Mar 16, 2016 WORKSHOP & GARDEN INAUGURATION
9:30 am – 5:00 pm
Roundtable: Business for building Unity in Diversity
Workshop: Policy, team, action plan of the Unity in Diversity Indian Chapter
Where: Thadomal Shahani Centre for Management, 257 SV Road, (next to
Shroff Eye Hospital, Bandra, Mumbai 400050
Inauguration: Unity in Diversity Peace Garden, Muktanand Peace Garden, off
Linking Road, Mumbai 54
Objectives of the India launch event:
• to form a “National Steering Committee” in India; which will coordinate continuous collaboration among civil society, private business sector, governments, religions, spiritual organisations, and work towards building inclusive societies,
• to establish a grassroots “Community Leadership Team; which will work with local communities in creating and implementing projects to strengthen civil society via dialogue and understanding,
• to lay the foundation of the Policy of the Indian Unity in Diversity – World Civil Society Assembly and to create the first action plan based on this policy, and
• to establish collaboration between the UN Alliance of Civilizations India Focal Point, UN associated organisations and the India civil society; in order to contribute to reaching the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Who is invited
Corporate leaders, youth groups, women’s groups, media, educationists, migrants, sports, music arts and entertainment, volunteer groups, faith or spiritual groups, community organizations, cultural & ethnic groups, multicultural & diaspora organizations, congress bodies, councils, individuals with an interest in intercultural understanding, prominent thought leaders, etc., and everyone who believes in the vision of the Unity in Diversity.
Presented and organized by
Global Dialogue Foundation (GDF), Melbourne Australia, Shahani Group, Mumbai India, in collaboration with: UN Alliance of Civilizations & NGO DPI.