Call for Chapter Proposals: Designing, Teaching, Leading, & Theorizing Out-of-the-Box Student Travel (Domestic or Int’l). Editors: Irina Gendelman and Jeff Birkenstein.
This collection will attempt to cover a variety of possible travel models, both international and domestic. Topics may include, but are not limited to:
– History and culture of places through (Slow) food;
– Exploring place through psychogeography and derive;
– Finding and documenting insurgent and reclaimed public spaces;
– Slow travel, being a flâneur in the 21st Century;
– Deconstructing the myths of historical markers and heritage sites;
– Photography, video, and other digital means of (re-)producing travel;
– Sustainability of travel.
Abstract of 500 words are due on November 1, 2018. Please send your proposals to Irina Gendelman.