PhD Studentship in Geography (migration, mobility, integration, asylum), University of Luxembourg, Belval, Luxembourg. Deadline: none listed; posted 5 July 2022.
The successful candidate is expected to submit a PhD thesis after 3 years under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Birte Nienaber. He/she will:
- Conduct research in the frame of the PhD thesis
- Write the PhD thesis in the field of migration, intra-European mobility, integration, asylum and/or reception
- Participate in the UL Doctoral School in Humanities and Social Sciences
- Disseminate PhD results at international conferences
- Support teaching in the Master in Border Studies and Master in Geography and Spatial Planning
- Publish academic articles in peer-reviewed journals
- Perform any other task within the framework of the position
Expected from you…
- M.Sc. (or equivalent) in Geography, Border Studies, Migration Studies, or any other related field
- Knowledge in the field of migration studies
- Knowledge in the field of border studies would be an advantage
- Ability to work independently and within an interdisciplinary team
- Experience in qualitative research methods will be an asset
As the candidate will have to work in a multilingual context, he/she must be fluent in English (written and spoken) and French or German (written and spoken).