Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Interdisciplinary Center for East Asian Studies, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Deadline: 11 December 2022.
The Interdisciplinary Center for East Asian Studies at the Faculty of Linguistics, Cultures, and Arts is seeking to fill the position of one Postdoctoral Researcher from 01.01.2023 for the duration of the project until 31.12.2025. You are expected to do your own research on migration decisions of Japanese migrants in Germany within the joint EU-funded project AspirE (Decision Making of Aspiring (Re)Migrants to/within the EU: The Case of Labour Market-Leading Migrations from Asia).
Your tasks include working on a qualitative research project in collaboration with the PI (and supported by a research assistant), including:
- researching the socio-legal context of Japanese migration to Germany (policy analysis)
- conducting and analyzing expert interviews, group discussions and semi-structured interviews
- carrying out social network mapping using an open access platform
- collecting video diaries among selected study participants
- working with the project partners in the EU as well as
- publishing the results
Requirements are successfully completed university studies (master degree) and a successfully completed doctorate in social sciences or area studies. You also need to show a proven interest in the field of migration studies in the German and/or Japanese context (e.g. through publications) as well as interdisciplinary studies and excellent methodological skills in qualitative research. In addition, background knowledge on, experience or interest in the psychological, emotional or affective dimensions of migration are required. Japanese language skills required.