Call for proposals of future special issues of Howard Journal of Communications. Deadline: none given; request posted 29 August 2022.
The Howard Journal of Communications calls for submission of proposals for special issues. The journal plans to publish special issues annually. Each issue shall include manuscripts that are selected through a competitive process and undergo review via the journal’s database of reviewers. Senior scholars, who have published multiple pieces in refereed journals, are invited to submit proposals for special issue(s). Key requirements for submitting a proposal include the following:
– Must be a published senior scholar in the journal’s interest.
– Must be involved in securing contributors to a special issue that you propose.
– The proposal must provide a compelling argument for the importance of the communication issue to the journal’s audience at this time.
– Provide a draft call for papers in your designated special issue area.
– An outline timetable for delivering the special issue.
– Your proposal should identify possible contributors to the special issue.
Submit your proposal to Chukwuka Onwumechili.