Call for papers: 8th International Conference on Multicultural Discourses, December 12-14, 2022, University of the Western Cape, Rondebosch, South Africa. Deadline: 1 October 2022 (extended to 15 November 2022).
The 8th International Conference on Multicultural Discourses, under the auspices of the International Association of Multicultural Discourses, will be co-organized by the Centre for Advanced Studies of African Society (CASAS), the University of the Western Cape, South Africa, and the School of Contemporary Chinese Discourse Studies, Hangzhou Normal University, China. The conference theme will be: The Choice/Voice of Cooperation in the Post-pandemic World.
Mankind is witnessing yet again the centennial moment of global transformation and the world is ridden with grave challenges and great opportunities. To answer to these uncertain winds of change, scholars from diverse fields such as communication, media, language, literature, culture, history, international relations, etc. are invited to offer their insights into topics of, but not restricted to:
· Discourses of globalization, cultural equality, interconnection;
· Discourses of security, conflict, war, peace;
· Discourses of protectionism, (in)tangible borders, immigration, racism;
· Discourses of development, cooperation, common prosperity;
· Discourses of digital, multi-modal, cinematic representations;
· Discourses of nuclear armament, climate change, poverty.