The Centre for Agroecology, Water and Resilience (CAWR) seeks a committed participatory researcher-practitioner to work as a part of People’s Knowledge, a newly established working group at CAWR.
The position requires experience of:
- Convening participatory processes.
- Community-engaged and participatory research.
- Fundraising for projects.
- Being part of national and/or international networks of participatory practitioners.
The successful candidate will bring:
- Experience to enhance participatory practice and build the reputation of the Centre.
- Creative skills in participatory practice, such as participatory photography, video and theatre.
- Capacity to use and develop ideas and concepts, including those drawn from movements for social justice.
This post offers an opportunity to join a dynamic, transdisciplinary team engaged in participatory and action-orientated approaches to research. Our work aims to build trust with people whose knowledge is often excluded from research and dialogue with professional researchers. The successful candidate will be part of a team developing and implementing participatory processes that aim to work towards social justice. This will be in the context of issues such as climate change, growing inequality, conflict and mass migration.