Senior Research Fellow – Humanitarian Policy Group
Overseas Development Institute, London
Closes: 9th March 2017
ODI aims to inspire and inform policy and practice to reduce poverty by locking together high-quality applied research and practical policy advice. ODI is the UK’s leading independent think tank on international development. Our Humanitarian Policy Group (HPG) is one of the world’s leading teams of independent researchers and information professionals working on humanitarian issues. It is dedicated to improving humanitarian policy and practice through a combination of high-quality analysis, dialogue and debate. We are looking for a Senior Research Fellow with world class knowledge of humanitarian policy issues to lead one or more strands of our research and policy development on conflict analysis and humanitarian responses, as set out by HPG’s upcoming Integrated Programme for 2017-2019.
You will join a dynamic team of researchers, policy experts and communications professionals, and will support the Head of HPG in helping to drive a multidisciplinary and innovative research programme through strategy development, fundraising, research, policy engagement and public affairs.
About the job:
- Research and fundraising work: conducting high-quality, applied research, and seeking external funding for research proposals
- Policy advice, public affairs and dissemination: represent ideas, knowledge and research findings to relevant policy makers and practitioners
- Project management: implementation and management of research, advisory and public affairs projects, including staff and other team members
You will have:
- Extensive experience in conflict analysis and deep knowledge of key issues and organisations in humanitarian assistance and development
- Experience in policy-oriented research, demonstrated by an extensive track record of publications and reports;
- Extensive developing-country experience;
- Strong analytical skills, a capacity to write clearly, and excellent organisational and oral communication skills
- A demonstrated capacity for policy advisory or public-affairs work, based on an analytical approach, and an innovative and creative communications ability.
- An ability to translate research ideas into fundable projects
- A demonstrated ability to work as part of a team