The LAURA JANE MUSSER FUND would like to promote mutual understanding and cooperation between groups and citizens of different cultural backgrounds within defined geographical areas through collaborative, cross-cultural exchange projects. Projects must be intercultural and demonstrate intercultural exchange, rather than focused on just one culture.
PRIORITY IS PLACED ON PROJECTS THAT:
• Include members of various cultural communities working together on projects with common goals
• Build positive relationships across cultural lines
• Engender intercultural harmony, tolerance, understanding, and respect
• Enhance intercultural communication, rather than cultural isolation, while at the same time celebrating and honoring the unique qualities of each culture
PROJECTS MUST DEMONSTRATE:
• Need in the community for the intercultural exchange project
• Grassroots endorsement by participants across cultural lines, as well as their active participation in planning and implementation of the project
• The ability of the organization to address the challenges of working across the cultural barriers identified by the project
• Tangible benefits in the larger community
LIMITS OF GEOGRAPHY:
Only programs in Colorado, Hawaii, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wyoming may apply.
OUTCOMES SHOULD INCLUDE:
A demonstration of intercultural exchange between cultures
• Increased comfort in interaction between the groups and individual citizens addressed by the project
• Harmonious shared use of public space and community facilities
• Continued cooperation by the participants or communities addressed by the project
WHAT THE PROGRAM WILL COVER:
New programs or projects within their first three years
• The planning and implementation phase of a project
• Grants are typically in the $8,000-$25,000 range
WHO CAN APPLY:
• Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations
• Organizations located within one of the eligible states listed above
HOW TO APPLY:
Proposals will be accepted starting September 19, 2016 and must be submitted online by October 19, 2016. Funding decisions will be announced by February 2017.
To apply online please click here.