Lecturer / Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Full Professor in Applied Linguistics / TESOL
University of Nizwa – Department of Foreign Languages
Expires: 12th March 2016
We are seeking motivated, well-qualified academics to teach English classes for university-wide EAP courses, and on courses in the BA and MA English language programmes in the Department of Foreign Languages, University of Nizwa, Oman. Applicants should be able to begin work at the beginning of the Fall 2016 academic semester (August / September).
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
• MA in Applied Linguistics / TESOL from an recognized Anglophonic university
Assistant Prof / Associate Prof / Prof:
• PhD in Applied Linguistics / TESOL from an recognized Anglophonic university
• Research track record and proof of an ongoing commitment to research activities
• Experience in supervising MA theses
For all ranks:
• Higher education teaching experience in a relevant specialism for a minimum of two years
• Computer / media literacy including use of a LMS
• Experience of working in an L2 English academic context.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
• teach modules in the university-wide English courses, and on BA and MA English language programmes (according to rank)
• contribute to the development of courses, and the development of student learning opportunities
• collaborate with other teachers working on the programmes
• supervise BA undergraduate final year projects and MA dissertations as required
• undertake necessary administrative tasks
Applicants should send their CV and covering letter via email.