Director – Collegium de Lyon
Université de Lyon recruits the Collegium de Lyon Director
The Collegium de Lyon is an international and multidisciplinary Institute for Advanced Study (IAS), focusing on social sciences without excluding exact sciences. Its purpose is to create an academic community based on a culture of excellence, supporting exchanges between disciplines, cultures and languages.
The Institute benefits from Lyon’s overall academic environment, coupling its research to the scientific and educational potential of the city (universities and grandes écoles, research networks, institutions), with the vision of developing cross-disciplinary reflections and launching pioneering research.
The Collegium de Lyon’s primary ambition is to link the Institute’s research program to the diffusion of knowledge for action. In the domain of public policy, it should therefore act as an intermediary between the research sphere and political and social issues. Research undertaken within the Institute should comprise reflections informing the construction of public policy: urban policy and planning, health policy and risk management, cultural policy, international relations and urban powers, development of heritage sites, etc and should be linked with Université de Lyon strategic themes : Global Health and society / Sciences and Engineering for sustainable development / Humanities and urbanity.
Promotion of the Collegium Strategy and responsibility for its implementation:
• Source of proposals for the Board of Directors and the Academic Board to lay out the strategy and to update it;
• Implementation of the Collegium strategy defined by the Board of Directors;
• Development of public and private partnerships with national and international actors;
• Setting out and execution of the fundraising and sponsorship strategy, in collaboration with the Fondation pour l’Université de Lyon;
• Steering of the Program of Action deployment.
Coordination of the academic animation:
• Scientific animation of the Collegium in collaboration with the territorial partners
• Definition of the communication strategy
• Interface with the Fondation pour l’Université de Lyon
• Preparation with the Université de Lyon President of the Board of Directors meetings
• Budget preparation and implementation based on Board of Directors decisions.
• Extensive knowledge of scientific communities in humanities and social sciences
• Bilingual French/English. Knowledge of any other language is an asset;
• Project management and public-private partnerships skills;
• Good knowledge of national and international funding mechanisms;
• Knowledge of national and international research networks;
Successful fundraising experience would be an asset as well as a good knowledge of Université de Lyon academic sphere.
The position is open to all European candidates. This is a half-time position, with a two-year and renewable contract starting on March 15th, 2016.
How to apply
To apply for this post please provide a cover letter and a CV detailing your work experience and skills and your main scientific publications.
All applications should be sent before February 19th, 2016 to Université de Lyon President by email.