Professor and Lecturer positions
The University of Loughborough is seeking to recruit to eight positions in the new Centre for Research in Communication and Culture (CRCC) in the School of Social, Political and Geographical Sciences.
The Centre will enhance the defining characteristic of the work at Loughborough: namely, the investigation of a broad spectrum of communication and culture informed by an extensive, interdisciplinary intellectual base.
The research ranges across journalism, new and social media, cultural sociology, discursive psychology, conversation analysis, political communication, media history, globalisation, media and cultural industries, and the analysis of other sites of communication, such as tourism, popular music, migration, nationalism and memory.
Closing date for applications: Monday 7 December 2015
Each of the posts will be located within particular departments, but all appointments will be members of the Centre. The eight posts are:
• Professor of Communication and Media (based in the Department of Social Sciences)
• Professor of Communication and Social Interaction (based in the Department of Social Sciences)
• Lecturer in Communication and Media – two positions (based in the Department of Social Sciences)
• Lecturer in Media and Crime (based in the Department of Social Sciences)
• Lecturer in Cultural Sociology (based in the Department of Social Sciences)
• Lecturer in Social and Cultural Geography (based in the Department of Geography)
• Lecturer in Politics, History and Communication (based in the Department of Politics, History and International Relations)