The University of Sharjah is considered a leading institution of higher education in the Arab Gulf region and Middle East. It offers a number of academic programs in a vast array of specializations, including the arts, humanities and social sciences, medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, health sciences, engineering, applied sciences, business management, communication, law, Sharia and Islamic studies, and fine arts and design. Endowed with a beautiful campus and world-class facilities, it attaches the highest importance to providing top education and a distinct university experience to its students.
As a part of the University’s vision, it offers comprehensive academic and research programs at the diploma, bachelor, master, and PhD levels, which attract distinguished students from across the UAE, the Arab Gulf countries, and a number of other countries.
A perennial desert environment surrounds the University of Sharjah, located in Sharjah University City. Students, faculty and administrative staff engage in a wide range of year-round recreational, cultural and social activities both in the Emirate of Sharjah and throughout the Emirates since the University is located close to major cities and the beautiful coastlines of Sharjah, Dubai and Ajman.
The College of Communication, established at the University of Sharjah in 2002, now has an enrolment of approximately (1400) students, (1050) on the main campus in Sharjah and (350) at its branch locations in Khorfakkan and Kalba. The College is comprised of two academic departments: The Department of Mass Communication and Department of Public Relations. The Mass Communication Department includes three accredited programs (Journalism, Electronic Media, and Graphic Design and Multimedia) in addition to its Communication Program in English. The Public Relations Department offers one accredited academic program in Public Relations. The College also offers a master degree program in communication.
The College of Communication is distinguished for its high quality programs and outstanding faculty. The College witnessed important developments in its technical infrastructure through the establishment of computer and multimedia laboratories in addition to press publication laboratories and radio and television studios.
Benefits Provided to Deans at the University of Sharjah
The University of Sharjah provides a competitive tax-free salary and benefits:
• A dean’s salary at the University of Sharjah ranges between (AED 45,000 – 60,000).
• Benefits include:
• Business class air tickets for the dean, his/her spouse, and up to three children under the age of 18 who will reside with him/her in Sharjah and round-trip annual vacation air tickets.
• Housing accommodations on campus, including water and electricity.
• Group health insurance for the dean, his/her spouse, and family members covered in accordance with the regulations in effect at the University.
• Shipping allowance for personal items in the amount of at most AED4,000 at the beginning of the appointment and a similar amount at the end of services.
• Furniture allowance in the amount of (AED30,000).
• Children’s educational allowance in the amount of at most (AED25,000) for one child and at most (AED75,000) for all children.
• University education for children (two at most at the same time) enrolled at the University of Sharjah.
• End-of-service gratuity in the amount of one month’s salary for each year completed.
The University of Sharjah is currently seeking to appoint a candidate for the position of Dean of the College of Communication, who will provide leadership at a critical stage of the College’s expansion of its research and academic programs. The new dean is expected to join the College at the beginning of the academic year 2016/2017.
Disciplines: Graphic Design, Communication and Media
Candidates interested in the position are encouraged to apply early by sending their application as soon as possible. Please use the Apply through website button to submit an application.