Assistant Professor in Organizational Communication at Université de Montréal
The Département de communication is seeking applications for a full-time tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in Organizational Communication.
The appointed candidate will be expected to teach at all three levels of the curriculum, supervise graduate students, engage in ongoing research and publication, and contribute to the academic life and reputation of the University.
– Ph.D. in communication (or near completion), or in a related field.
– Evidence of dynamism and creativity in teaching and pedagogy.
– Candidates are expected to demonstrate how their research contribute to the intellectual debates within organizational communication and within their area of specialization. Moreover, they should demonstrate their ability to both engage with and diversify existing expertise in research and teaching in the Department.
– Proficiency in the French language
Linguistic Policy : Université de Montréal is a Québec university with an international reputation. French is the language of instruction. To renew its teaching faculty, the University is intensively recruiting the world’s best specialists. In accordance with the institution’s language policy, Université de Montréal provides support for newly-recruited faculty to attain proficiency in French.
Université de Montréal offers a competitive salary and a complete range of employee benefits.
On or after June 1st, 2016.
Constitution of application
– The application must include the following documents :
– a cover letter
– a curriculum vitæ
– copies of recent publications and research
– evidence of teaching effectiveness
– a statement of research interests
– a statement of teaching interests
– Three letters of recommendation are also to be sent directly to the Department Chair by the referees.
Application and letters of recommendation must be sent to the Department Chair by November 9th, 2015 at the following address :
Thierry Bardini, Chair
Département de communication
Faculté des arts et des sciences
Université de Montréal
C. P. 6128, succursale Centre-ville
Montréal (QC) H3C 3J7
The Université de Montréal application process allows all regular professors in the Department to have access to all documents unless the applicant explicitly states in her or his cover letter that access to the application should be limited to the selection committee. This restriction on accessibility will be lifted if the applicant is invited for an interview.
Equal Access Employment Program
Université de Montréal promotes diversity in its workforce and encourages members of visible and ethnic minorities as well as women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities to apply.
We invite all qualified candidates to apply at Université de Montréal. However, in accordance with immigration requirements in Canada, please note that priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.