Tenure-Track Position in Communication and Journalism – 2016
The Noah Mozes Department of Communication and Journalism at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem invites outstanding candidates to apply for a tenure-track position starting July, 2016. Excellent candidates in all areas of communications are invited to apply. The successful applicant will join a dynamic research-oriented faculty offering innovative undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs. For more information about our faculty and research please visit the website.
Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree at the time of hire, and demonstrate an active research program, indicating the potential for outstanding scholarship. The person hired will teach introductory and advanced courses in communications in their areas of specialization. He/she will also be expected to supervise Masters and Ph.D. students and to contribute to departmental and university service. Ability to teach in Hebrew is required (in exceptional cases, successful candidates will be expected to teach courses in Hebrew within a few years of their arrival).
Appointment procedures will be conducted in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Hebrew University and are subject to the approval of the university authorities. The university is not obliged to appoint any of the candidates who apply for the position. Applications should be submitted online.
Applications should include the following documents (each in a separate PDF file) in English:
• Candidate’s letter of application (cover letter).
• Detailed CV (including email address) according to the format of the Hebrew University.
• Full list of publications according to the format of the Hebrew University. Please present each of the following as separate categories: books, articles in refereed journals, chapters in books, other publications.
• Scientific biography outlining research and teaching interests and research plans for the next several years (3-4 pages long).
• Names, addresses, affiliation, academic status, and email addresses of at least two referees qualified and willing to assess the candidate’s achievements and potential. The referees will upload their letters of recommendation directly to the system.
• Copies of three selected recent publications that best showcase the candidate’s scholarship (these may also include accepted articles or book chapters).
• Brief description of 3-4 potential courses that the candidate would be able teach. For each proposed course please include the following information: Title, type of course, brief description, and specify whether the candidate has taught it before.
• Teaching evaluations (if such exist).
Applicants will compete with candidates of other departments in the Faculty of Social Sciences for academic positions.
PLEASE ALSO SEND THESE DOCUMENTS IN ONE SINGLE PDF ATTACHED FILE.
Inquiries should be directed to:
Professor Ifat Maoz
Chair, Department of Communication,
Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Deadline for applications: September 20, 2015.
In order to ensure that the referees’ letters arrive by the deadline, it is recommended to create an account in the application system as early as possible.