CALL FOR PAPERS
Communication Yearbook 37
A Publication of the International Communication Association
Editor: Elisia L. Cohen
CY 37 is a forum for the exchange of interdisciplinary and internationally diverse scholarship relating to communication in its many forms. Specifically, we are seeking state-of-the-discipline literature reviews, meta-analyses, and essays that advance knowledge and understanding of communication systems, processes, and impacts. Submitted manuscripts should provide a rigorous assessment of the status, critical issues and needed directions of a theory or body of research; offer new communication theory or additional insights into communication systems, processes, policies and impacts; and/or expand the boundaries of the discipline. In all cases, submissions should be comprehensive and thoughtful in their synthesis and analysis, and situate a body of scholarship within a larger intellectual context.
* Submit manuscripts electronically via a Word attachment to Elisia L. Cohen, Editor, at CommYear@uky.edu
* Submissions for CY 37 will be considered from October 15, 2011 through February 15, 2012
* Use APA style, 6th edition
* Include a cover letter indicating how the manuscript addresses the CY 37 call for papers
* Prepare manuscripts for blind review, removing all identifiers
* Include a title page as a separate document that includes contact information for all authors
* Following Communication Yearbook‘s tradition of considering lengthier manuscripts, initial manuscript submissions may range from 6,500 to 13,000 words (including tables, endnotes, references).
* Incomplete submissions not adhering to journal guidelines will be returned to authors for revision.
For more information about CY 37 or this call for submissions, please contact Dr. Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org