Young Peacebuilders in Latin America and the Caribbean, United Nations Alliance of Civilizations, New York, USA. Deadline: 19 February 2023.
The 6th edition of the Young Peacebuilders programme in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) 2023 is designed to strengthen the skills of young women and men from the region in tackling stereotypes, prejudice and xenophobia while providing them with access to regional and global peacebuilding networks and raising visibility of their innovative and effective peace work in the field. The long-term goal is the integration of young peacebuilders in governmental peace processes / policies. This is a call to youth aged 18-25 from LAC wanting to tackle violent extremism by building inclusive societies with understanding and respect among cultural and religious communities.
- Are you between 18 and 25 years old?
- Are you a citizen of a LAC country and/or do you currently live in this region?
- Are you interested in taking part in an intercultural learning experience with other young people from LAC and improve your actions to promote peace?
- Are you part of a youth-led organization, network or initiative?
- Do you want to increase your ability to contribute to peace and social inclusion in your community, country and region?
- Are you in the beginning stages of your involvement in this type of work and want to learn more?
If yes, apply now for a chance to be selected for a fully-funded participation in the 6th edition of the UNAOC Young Peacebuilders programme in the LAC region (2023).