Succeeding in Africa: Social Construction in Action
July 10 – 12, 2017 in Johannesburg, S. Africa
The Taos Instiute is partnering with the Institute for Transdisciplinary Development in S. Africa for a conference that aims to create the context for both large and small group dialogue with the intent to harvest new learnings about how people – together – across disciplines and in participation with local knowledges – can co-create innovative practices to address complex challenges successfully.
Much has been researched and said about Africa’s problems and complexities and what should be done. This conference’s focus will be on what has been done – successfully. We will bring African projects, from small to mega, from all contexts and disciplines, in the focus. These success stories are going to be unpacked to establish how collaborative, transdisciplinary relationships have enabled success.
Come witness the stories, from the African continent, of collaborative, relational practices and transdisciplinary approaches as creative and innovative responses to solving complex challenges.
This conference will offer you the opportunity to engage in both large and small group dialogue with the intent to harvest new learnings about how people together – across disciplines and in participation with local knowledges – can co-create innovative practices to address complex challenges successfully.
Call for Proposals Open Until March 15, 2017
Contribute and participate in this conference by submitting your presentation proposal illustrating how collaborative, relational and transdisciplinary practices have enabled you and/or your team to achieve transformative and sustainable success in a small or large scale project within one of the following critical focus areas:
- Education (focus areas including among others primary education)
- Infrastructure (focus areas including among others; water; electricity; science and technology that are environmentally sustainable)
- Health (focus areas including among others combating HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases)
- Economy (focus areas including among others SME development; entrepreneurial development; sustainable agriculture, high performing organisations)
- Government (focus areas including among others good governance, stakeholder economic development, infrastructure development, poverty alleviation, education, sport etc.)
- Culture (focus areas including among others fundamentalism and its effects on conflict and relationships; religion, race; gender)
Pre-Conference Workshops, July 8, 2017