Call For Abstracts: 9th Explorations in Ethnography, Language and Communication: Language, Inequality and the Everyday (Un)making of Alliances, Faculty of Education and Society, University College London (UK),
3rd -4th April 202 . Deadline: 21 October 2022.
The ninth EELC conference follows a series of global crises epitomised by moments of spectacular disruption, such as the so-called ‘2008 economic crisis’ or the ‘COVID-19 pandemic’. But far from representing isolated events, these build on long-standing processes, practices and experiences of inequality which are increasingly at the centre of more and more people’s daily lives. The conference aims to provide a platform to reflect on the types of alliances that ethnographic and language scholarship might be able to generate in the (un)making of such inequalities.
The confirmed keynote speakers and featured workshop organisers are:
- Dr Julia Snell, University of Leeds (UK)
- Dr Daniel Silva, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina (Brazil)
- Dr Beatriz Lorente, University of Bern (Switzerland)
- Dr Lian Malai Madsen, University of Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Dr Jackie Jia Lou, Birkbeck University of London (UK)