2021 winners of the Intercultural Innovation Award, a program developed by the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and BMW Group, have now been announced.
Ten global grassroots initiatives have been named finalists of the prestigious Intercultural Innovation Award during an Awards Ceremony held in Dubai on November 19, 2021. This year, the selection process was highly competitive, with over 1,100 applications received from 120 countries. The winners are:
- International Trustbuilding – Initiatives of Change International (Switzerland)
- Knitting a Better Future – La Cana, Productos con Causa (Mexico)
- Dialogue on the Human Fraternity Document – Mediterranean Youth Foundation (Egypt)
- MITTI Café, Inclusion with Every Meal – MITTI Social Initiative Foundation (India)
- Arrival Advisor – PeaceGeeks Society (Canada)
- Emerging Leaders – PLACE Network (France)
- Politize! Ambassadors Program: Promoting Civic Empowerment for All – Politize! Civic Education Institute (Brazil)
- Always Remember, Never Forget – Spielen in der Stadt (Germany)
- Creative Youth Boot Camp: Art for Social Transformation – Street Project Foundation (Nigeria)
- SMART Advocates: For Effective Dialogue to Address the Grassroots Conflicts – Strengthening Youth Leadership Collective (Sri Lanka)
Besides the financial support of 200,000 USD (to be divided equally across the 10 selected projects), award winners will benefit from professional project guidance from the BMW Group, UNAOC, and the business consulting firm Accenture. Recipients will also receive managerial and strategic project support and become part of the “Intercultural Leaders” network, which connects professionals and managers across the globe.
Videos describing each of the projects and organizations available here.