5 Fully-funded PhD opportunities, Centre for Arts, Memory and Communities, Coventry University, Coventry, UK. Deadline: 7 October, 2020.
The Centre for Arts, Memory and Communities (CAMC) at Coventry University invites applications for fully-funded PhD studentships within a dynamic, multidisciplinary research centre. CAMC is home to a vibrant research culture that weaves together three strands of scholarship: Critical Practices, Cultural Memory and Well-being and the Arts. They invite applications for five fully-funded PhD studentships, commencing in January 2021. Each project responds to the Covid-19 pandemic by seeking creative and innovative interventions into the cultural conditions produced by such crises historically, in the moment, and as they are likely to persist in and alter post-Covid experience.
The specific projects available are:
- Venice and its environments: navigating memory, culture and crisis
- Exploring healthcare workers’ experiences and ethical dilemmas faced during the COVID-19 Pandemic through arts-based practice
- Embodying loss: crafting the material in the time of pandemic
- Communicating COVID: messages from the Downing Street Briefings
- The role of design and usability in the adoption of digital self-management technology