Call for papers: 7th International Conference on Multicultural Discourses: Multicultural Discourses in a Turbulent World, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, October 24-26, 2020. Deadline: September 1, 2020.
UPDATE: Due to COVID-19, the submission deadline has been extended, and the conference will be held online.
The successful international conferences on Multicultural Discourses organized in China, Brazil, and the Netherlands, respectively, have reinforced the importance of Cultural Discourse Studies in contemporary social science and the humanities. The 7th International Conference on Multicultural Discourses, under auspices of the International Association of Multicultural Discourses, will be co-organized by the English Department of the Faculty of Letters, Babeş-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania and the School of Contemporary Chinese Communication Studies, Hangzhou Normal University, China. The event will be hosted at the Faculty of Letters, Babes-Bolyai University in Cluj-Napoca, Romania from October 24-26, 2020.
Mankind is witnessing yet again the centennial moment of global transformation and the world is ridden with grave challenges and great opportunities. To answer to these uncertain winds of change, scholars from various fields such as communication, media, language, literature, society, culture, international relations, etc. are encouraged to offer their insights into topics including, though not restricted to, the following:
- Multicultural discourses of (anti)globalization, diversity, connectivity, globalism
- Multicultural discourses of security, conflict, war, peace
- Multicultural discourses of protectionism, (in)tangible borders, immigration, racism
- Multicultural discourses of development, the Developing World, the Global South
- Multicultural digital, multimodal, literary, cinematic discourses
- Multidisciplinary, multicultural approaches to human discourses