Call for Papers: Indigenous Theorizing: Voices and Representation, PRism. Deadline: August 12, 2019.
PRism is an open access peer-reviewed public relations and communication research journal (ISSN 1448-4404). PRism is devoted to promoting the highest standards of peer review and engages established and emerging scholars globally.
Call for Papers: Special issue: “Indigenous theorizing: Voices and representation.” In this special issue, PRism welcomes rigorous and original contributions that explore Indigenous voice as a space for theorizing communication. They welcome submissions that examine Indigenous/First Nations as participants in the generation of transformative knowledge claims. This can include but is not limited to:
– Indigenous/First Nations communication practices (including traditional forms e.g. storytelling)
– Indigenous/First Nations activism for social justice
– Indigenous/First Nations struggles for voice and sovereignty
– The role of Indigenous/First Nations media for public communication
– Indigenous/First Nations organizational communication with publics/stakeholders
– The use of social media by Indigenous/First Nations for public communication
– The presentation of images, news and/or other information by Indigenous/First Nations
– Media representation of Indigenous/First Nations in public communication
PRism welcomes original research, case studies, theoretical, conceptual and methodological papers relating to the topic, and encourages contributions from Indigenous/First Nations scholars.