CFP Creative Europe Refugee Integration

Call for proposals EACEA 12/2016 – “Support for refugee integration
Deadline: 28 April 2016

One of the main objectives of the Creative Europe programme is to foster, safeguard and promote European cultural and linguistic diversity. At a time when Europe is receiving an extraordinary number of refugees, supporting European Union Member States in tackling this situation is a key priority of the EU. In November 2015, the Education, Youth, Culture and Sports Council of Ministers have reaffirmed that intercultural dialogue through culture and the arts plays an important role to integrate refugees. Culture and cinema can bridge gaps and improve mutual understanding between the population of the host country and the refugees. In this context, the European Commission has revised its work programme for 2016 to include specific measures supporting the integration of refugees and encouraging mutual understanding between refugees and host populations in Europe. For the purposes of this call for proposals, the key protagonists will be creative and cultural operators.

The general objective of this call for proposals is to support cultural, audio-visual and cross-sectorial projects aiming at facilitating the integration of refugees in the European environment, enhancing mutual cultural understanding and fostering intercultural and inter-religious dialogue, tolerance and respect for other cultures. The specific objectives of this call are to establish transnational cultural and audiovisual projects that can:
• help refugees socialise and express themselves without necessarily speaking immediately the host country language.
• be learning platforms in a wider sense, fostering respect and understanding for diversity, intercultural and civic competencies, democratic values and citizenship.
• give EU citizens the opportunity to discover, learn from and understand the values and cultures of refugees and – in the process rediscover and enrich their own.
• support the showcasing and co-creation of cultural and/or audiovisual works across Europe.
• offer the possibility of collaboration with organisations in other sectors in order to stimulate a more comprehensive, rapid, effective and long-term response to this global challenge

The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects is estimated at EUR 1,6 million. Each grant will amount to between EUR 100.000 and EUR 200.000 representing maximum 80% of the eligible budget. The remaining amount of at least 20% of eligible costs must be secured by the applicants (partnership). The Agency expects to fund around 8 to 12 projects. The Agency reserves the right not to distribute all the funds available.

Author: Center for Intercultural Dialogue

Wendy Leeds-Hurwitz, the Director of the Center for Intercultural Dialogue, manages this website.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s