The Paris Institute for Advanced Study welcomes applications from high level international scholars and scientists in the fields of the humanities, the social sciences and related fields for periods of five or nine months, during the academic year 2017-2018.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday, March 1st, 2016, 3:00pm (Paris, France time)
Applicants may request residencies for one of the following periods:
• September 1st, 2017 to January 31st, 2018 (5 months)
• October 1st, 2017 to June 30th, 2018 (9 months)
• February 1st to June 30th, 2018 (5 months)
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY
Researchers from all countries are eligible.
Applicants who have spent more than a total of 12 months in France during the 3 years prior to the application are not eligible.
This call for applications is open to:
• Senior university professors or researchers holding a permanent position in a university or research institution and having a minimum of 10 years of full time research experience after their PhD (at the time of the application).
• Junior scholars having the status of postdoctoral researcher or holding a position in a university or research institution, and having a minimum of 2 and maximum of 9 years of research experience after the PhD (at the time of the application).
• Opening of the online application system: January 15th, 2016
• Application deadline: Tuesday, March 1st, 2016, 3:00 pm (Paris, France time)
• Preselection: Mid-March 2016
• Final selection: June 2016
• Publication of results: End of June 2016
• Starting dates of the fellowships: September 1st 2017; October 1st