3rd EBENEZER SOOLA CONFERENCE ON COMMUNICATION
The conveners of the 3rd Ebenezer Soola Conference on Communication hereby invites abstracts and full papers from all academics and professionals in all fields of media and communication for presentation and discussion at the conference. Papers should however be based on the conference theme and sub-themes.
Theme: COMMUNICATION, CHANGE MANAGEMENT AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN THE 21ST CENTURY
Date: September 27th – 30th, 2016.
Venue: Conference Centre, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria.
The Problem: Change is the only thing that is constant in life. Nigeria, and indeed, the whole world are witnessing rapid changes in all spheres of life. The challenge facing humanity today is how these changes are managed. Change management has been defined as the application of the set of tools, processes, skills and principles for managing the people’s side of change to achieve the required outcomes of the change project or initiative. How do we combine communication with these tools, processes, skills and principles to achieve and sustain positive changes in our society? This is the problem that this conference seeks to engage.
– Communication, Change Management and People-Centred Development
– Communication, Change Management and Transformation
– Communication, Change Management and Government Reportage of its activities
– Communication, Change Management and Corporate Reporting Culture
– Communication, Change Management and Social Responsibility
– Communication, Change Management and Gender Rights
– Communication, Change and Risk Management in the Oil and Gas Sector
– Change Management and the Broadcast Media
– Change Management and the Print Media
– Change Management and the Social Media
– Change Management and the New Media of Communication
– Change Management and the Traditional Media of Communication
– Change Management and Political Communication
– Change Management and Journalism
– Change Management and Development Communication
– Change Management and Sustainable Development
– Communication, Social Fairness and Democratic Legitimacy
– Communication, Conflict and Institutional Change
– Communication, Community and Common Destiny
Arrival: Tuesday, September 27th 2016.
Conference days: Wednesday 28th – Thursday 29th, September 2016
Departure: Friday, 30th September 2016
Paper Submission Guidelines:
– Abstracts should not be more than 200 words, typed single spaced with 12 points regular Times New Roman.
– Abstracts should have title, name of author(s) and full contact details: institution, postal address, personal email address and telephone numbers.
– Full papers should not be more than 20 pages A4, typed 1.5 spacing with 12 points regular Times New Roman using the APA style of referencing.
– The first page of the paper should indicate the title, name of author(s), and full contact details: institution, postal address, personal email address and telephone numbers. All other pages of the paper must not feature any of these details.
– Abstracts and full papers should be sent as an MS Word attachment to the conference email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract Submission Deadline – 1st August 2016
Full Paper Submission Deadline – 1st September 2016
– Papers that pass the process of blind, peer-review of journals shall be published in two reputable international journals, namely, the Journal of Communication and Media Research and the Journal of Communication and Language Arts.
– Other papers will be published in a well-edited book. (Note: not a book of readings, but a thematic, educational and instructional book.)
For further information please contact:
Dr. Eserinune McCarty Mojaye
Secretary, Conveners Committee