China Agricultural University is seeking an instructor for the freshmen classes of the International College at Beijing (ICB) for the 2013-2014 academic year.
Located in the Haidian District of Beijing, ICB is an international partnership between China Agricultural University and the University of Colorado Denver (UCD) that offers undergraduate degrees in economics and communication. All courses are taught in English, and the degree earned is awarded by UCD. Instructors for the freshmen classes are hired by CAU, and the staff of CAU have asked faculty at UCD to help identify a good candidate for the coming year. We are seeking someone at short notice because the person originally hired for the position had to terminate her contract because of a family illness.
The particulars are as follows:
* The contract is for one year (2 semesters) with a possibility of renewal
* The teaching load is 4 courses per semester, but there may be opportunities to teach more courses if desired
* Courses to be taught are Presentational Speaking (COMM 2101) and Fundamentals of Communication (COMM 1011)
* Free housing in provided in the guesthouse on campus; subsidized housing in an apartment is also available
* Accidental life insurance is provided
* One round-trip plane ticket is provided each semester
* Fall semester runs from September 16, 2013, until January 17, 2014, and spring semester begins in late February and runs until the end of June
* Depending on the conversion rate and the number of courses taught, the salary is in the range of $24,400 per year
Minimum requirements include a master’s degree in communication and a personal and scholarly interest in diverse cultures. Experience teaching in an international setting and fluency in Mandarin are preferred.
To apply, please e-mail a vita and cover letter to Sonja.Foss AT ucdenver.edu. Applications will be circulated for review among communication faculty at UCD. Those that are most qualified will be forwarded to the staff of CAU. Applications are reviewed upon receipt, and the review process will continue until CAU fills the position.