The Carrie Chapman Catt Center for Women and Politics in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Iowa State University is pleased to announce the competition for the 2011 Carrie Chapman Catt Prize for Research on Women and Politics.
This annual competition is designed to encourage and reward scholars embarking on significant research in the area of women and politics. The prize includes a $1,000 cash award for each project selected. Honorable mention prizes of $500 per project are also awarded.
Proposals for the 2011 Carrie Chapman Catt Prize for Research on Women and Politics must be postmarked by December 1, 2011. Research projects submitted for prize consideration can address any topic related to women and politics. Scholars at any level, including graduate students and junior faculty members, can apply.
To be considered for the 2011 prize, applicants should submit the following materials, postmarked by December 1, 2011:
* Four (4) copies of a detailed description (5 to 10 pages, double spaced, in 12 point font) of the research project including a:
* project title;
* 150-200 word abstract summarizing its purpose and content;
* discussion of relevant theory, contributions to literature in the field, and methodology;
* statement about how the Catt Prize will contribute to the research project; and
* timetable for completion of the project.
As the proposals will be blind-reviewed,
the author(s) name(s) should not appear in the project description.
* A detachable cover sheet that lists the name, institutional affiliation, and contact information (one mailing address-office or home, telephone and e-mail for spring 2012) for each author.
* A one-page (or less) biographical statement for each author, highlighting her/his research interests, significant publications and/or presentations, and professional interests and experiences related to the project.
Materials should be mailed (not faxed or e-mailed) to the Carrie Chapman Catt Center for Women and Politics, 309 Carrie Chapman Catt Hall, Iowa State University, Ames, IA, 50011-1305. For more information, contact the Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-3181. For an application cover sheet, updates or information on past winners, visit our website at: www.las.iastate.edu/CattCenter/.